Thank you for your interest in AOPA’s ninth and tenth grade aviation STEM courses. One application and one signed agreement form is needed per school seeking to use the curriculum. All completed applications and signed agreement forms must be submitted by school a school employee using the online process no later than 5 pm EDT, Thursday, February 28, 2019.
Please note: This application will time out after 45 minutes of inactivity. If you need additional time, you may click the “Save as Draft" button at the bottom of this application. You will be prompted to enter your email and create a password. Once done, you will receive an email with a link back to your saved application.
To be eligible to apply to use the curriculum, you must have the following:
1. Be a paid or contracted employee by a school system or school.
2. Secure support of school district (if applicable) and school administration.
3. Use AOPA curriculum in its entirety as an official credit-bearing course.
4. Commit to using AOPA curriculum for both semesters for the 2019-20 school year.
5. Enroll at least five students in each AOPA course (per semester).
To be eligible for selection to use the AOPA aviation STEM curriculum, you must have the following:
1. Meet all of the criterion identified previously above.
2. Submit a completed application and agreement form, with all required information and signatures, signifying support of the school district (if applicable) and school administration.
3. Teacher(s) are required to participate in the 3 day professional development workshop provided by AOPA in spring/summer 2019 (in-person or virtual).
4. Teacher(s) and school must agree to submit four surveys with all required data before or on the dates provided on the agreement form.
AOPA is requring the school's CEEB code below. If you do not know your school's CEEB code, you can search for it here.
AOPA requires a signature from a district administrator, a school administrator and the teacher(s) teaching the AOPA courses agreeing to provide data, support a teacher’s participation in professional development, and follow the non-disclosure agreement guidelines. After this application is complete and submitted to AOPA, an agreement form will be sent for electronic signature to each individual on the application.
AOPA will offer a required 3-day professional learning workshop in Frederick, Maryland for new teachers to the curriculum. Each grade level of courses offers a unique workshop and each teacher should participate in the workshop for the grade of curriculum they will teach. The dates are as follows:
- 9th grade workshop Friday, April 26 to Sunday, April 28, 2019
- 10th grade workshop Friday, June 7 to Sunday, June 9, 2019
**If the teacher taught AOPA's Grade 9 or Grade 10 field test curriculum during the 2018-19 school year, that teacher is not required to participate in that grade level's workshop. Please select "Not Applicable" below if this is the case.**
AOPA Account Number
already an AOPA member, teachers who will use the curriculum need to create a
free AOPA web account in order to gain access to the curriculum after their application
is accepted. AOPA membership is not required. Having an AOPA web account is required for log-in purposes.
1) If the teacher already has an AOPA account number, please provide that number in the "AOPA Web Account Number" box below.
2) If the teacher does not have an AOPA web account,
they will need to create one.
To create a free web account, please follow the instructions below:
a) Go to https://www.aopa.org/login/
b) Click on “Create Account”.
c) Enter the information as requested in
the form and click on the “Create Account” at the bottom.
d) Once logged in to your AOPA web
account, hover over your name in the top right corner and click on “My
Account”. You will find your AOPA member
number under “Membership Information”. Please provide your AOPA account number in the box below.
If there is more than one teacher teaching the AOPA curriculum at your school, please click the "Add another teacher" button below to add them.
AOPA reserves the right to select, in its sole discretion, schools that will be allowed to use the AOPA high school aviation STEM curriculum for the 2019-20 school year.
All completed applications and agreement forms must be submitted online to AOPA no later than 5 pm EDT, Thursday, February 28, 2019. Schools will be notified no later than Friday, March 8, 2019 of their selection status. If a school is selected, more information will be provided about curriculum access and teacher professional development registration for the 3 day workshop.
After completing all of the above fields, click "submit" below. AOPA will review your application and send you an agreement form to sign electronically.